Taiwan is a country located in East Asia, off the coast of China. It is known for its beautiful landscapes, vibrant cities, and rich culture. The capital of Taiwan is Taipei, which is located in the northern part of the island. The official language of Taiwan is Mandarin Chinese, but many people also speak Taiwanese Hokkien and English. Taiwan is a predominantly Buddhist country, with a mix of traditional and modern influences. Taiwan is known for its advanced technology and manufacturing industry, and it is a major player in the global economy.
WeatherThe weather in Taiwan is generally subtropical, with an average temperature of around 22°C (72°F) throughout the year. The rainy season in Taiwan is from May to September, with the heaviest rainfall occurring in June and July. The dry season is from October to April, with the least rainfall occurring in January and February. Taiwan is affected by occasional typhoons, with the most active months being from June to September. The average humidity in Taiwan is around 80%, and the country experiences frequent thunderstorms and showers. The mountain regions of Taiwan are cooler and wetter, with average temperatures of around 10°C (50°F) in the winter and 20°C (68°F) in the summer.
Things to do
- Visit the capital city of Taipei and explore its vibrant markets, historic landmarks, and bustling nightlife
- Visit the Taroko National Park and go hiking or biking in the beautiful forests and mountains
- Visit the Sun Moon Lake and take a boat trip to see the beautiful lake and the surrounding mountains
- Visit the National Palace Museum and see its collection of ancient Chinese art and artifacts
- Visit the Fo Guang Shan Buddha Museum and learn about the history and culture of Buddhism in Taiwan
- Visit the Jiufen Old Street and explore its vibrant markets, shops, and restaurants
- Visit the Tainan City and explore its historic temples and museums
- Visit the Kenting National Park and go snorkeling or diving to see the vibrant marine life
- Visit the Kaohsiung City and explore its museums, galleries, and cultural attractions
- Visit the Taipei 101 skyscraper and see the beautiful views of the city from the observation deck.