The Seychelles is a country located in the Indian Ocean, northeast of Madagascar. It is an archipelago of over 115 islands, with a mix of beautiful beaches, stunning landscapes, and rich culture. The capital of the Seychelles is Victoria, which is located on the island of Mahé. The official languages of the Seychelles are English and French, but many people also speak Seychellois Creole, an African-influenced French dialect. The Seychelles is a predominantly Christian country, with a mix of Catholic, Protestant, and Anglican denominations.
WeatherThe weather in the Seychelles is generally warm and tropical, with an average temperature of around 28°C (82°F) throughout the year. The rainy season in the Seychelles is from December to February, with the heaviest rainfall occurring in January. The dry season is from March to November, with the least rainfall occurring in June and July. The Seychelles is affected by occasional cyclones, with the most active months being from December to February. The average humidity in the Seychelles is around 75%, and the country experiences frequent sunshine throughout the year.
Things to do
- Visit the capital city of Victoria and explore its vibrant markets, historic landmarks, and bustling nightlife
- Visit the Mahe Island and go hiking or birdwatching in the beautiful forests and mountains
- Visit the Praslin Island and relax on the beautiful beaches and go snorkeling or diving to see the vibrant marine life
- Visit the Aldabra Atoll and go diving or snorkeling to see the stunning coral reefs and marine life
- Visit the Silhouette Island and go hiking or birdwatching in the beautiful forests and wetlands
- Visit the Aride Island Nature Reserve and see the stunning views of the island and the surrounding ocean
- Visit the Sainte Anne Marine National Park and go snorkeling or diving to see the beautiful coral reefs and marine life
- Visit the Cousin Island Special Reserve and go birdwatching to see the endangered species of birds
- Visit the La Digue Island and explore its beautiful beaches and traditional villages
- Visit the Victoria Market and try the local cuisine, including fresh seafood and tropical fruits.