Réunion is an island located in the Indian Ocean, east of Madagascar. It is a French overseas department and region, and it is a part of the European Union. Réunion is known for its beautiful beaches, stunning landscapes, and rich culture. The capital of Réunion is Saint-Denis, which is located on the northern coast of the island. The official language of Réunion is French, but many people also speak Réunion Creole, an African-influenced French dialect. Réunion is a diverse and vibrant island, with a mix of French, African, Indian, and Chinese influences.
WeatherThe weather in Réunion is generally tropical, with an average temperature of around 26°C (79°F) throughout the year. The wet season in Réunion is from November to April, with the heaviest rainfall occurring in January and February. The dry season is from May to October, with the least rainfall occurring in June and July. Réunion is affected by cyclones, with the most active months being from December to March. The average humidity in Réunion is around 80%, and the island experiences frequent thunderstorms and showers.
Things to do
- Visit the capital city of Saint-Denis and explore its vibrant markets, historic landmarks, and bustling nightlife
- Visit the Piton de la Fournaise, an active volcano, and see the stunning views of the island
- Visit the Saint-Pierre market and try the local cuisine, including spicy dishes and fresh seafood
- Visit the Cirque de Mafate, a beautiful natural amphitheater, and go hiking or camping in the stunning landscape
- Visit the Maison Folio, a museum dedicated to the history and culture of Réunion, and learn about the island's past and present
- Visit the Jardin des Parfums et des Epices and see the collection of exotic plants and spices used in Réunion's cuisine
- Visit the Salazie waterfall and see the stunning views of the waterfall and the surrounding landscape
- Visit the Saint-Leu beach and go surfing, snorkeling, or diving to see the beautiful coral reefs and marine life
- Visit the town of Saint-Joseph and explore its historic churches and beautiful beaches
- Visit the town of Saint-Paul and go shopping in its vibrant markets and boutiques.