Qatar is a country located in the Middle East, on the eastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula. It is bordered by Saudi Arabia to the south and west, and the Persian Gulf to the north and east. Qatar is known for its rich oil and gas reserves, and it is one of the world's wealthiest countries. The capital of Qatar is Doha, which is located on the coast of the Persian Gulf. The official language of Qatar is Arabic, but English is widely spoken. Qatar has a rich history and culture, with a mix of traditional and modern influences.
WeatherThe weather in Qatar is generally hot and dry, with an average temperature of around 28°C (82°F) throughout the year. The wet season in Qatar is from October to April, with the heaviest rainfall occurring in December and January. The dry season is from May to September, with the least rainfall occurring in June and July. Qatar is affected by sandstorms and dust storms, which are most common in the spring and early summer. The average humidity in Qatar is around 65%, and the country experiences frequent sunshine throughout the year.
Things to do
- Visit the capital city of Doha and explore its modern skyline, vibrant markets, and bustling nightlife
- Visit the Museum of Islamic Art, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and see its collection of Islamic art and artifacts
- Visit the Souq Waqif and explore its vibrant markets, traditional shops, and restaurants
- Visit the Katara Cultural Village and see its collection of museums, galleries, and theaters
- Visit the Al Zubarah Fort and learn about the history of Qatar's pearl diving industry
- Visit the Doha Corniche and take a boat trip to see the beautiful city skyline and the Persian Gulf
- Visit the Al Thakira Mangroves and go birdwatching in the beautiful wetlands
- Visit the Khalifa International Stadium and see a football match or other sporting event
- Visit the Aspire Park and go hiking or picnicking in the beautiful gardens and forests
- Visit the Pearl Qatar and go shopping in its luxurious malls and boutiques.