Paraguay is a country located in South America, bordered by Argentina to the south and west, Brazil to the north and east, and Bolivia to the northwest. Paraguay is a landlocked country, with a mix of fertile plains and rolling hills. The capital of Paraguay is Asunción, which is located on the banks of the Paraguay River. Paraguay has a rich history and culture, with a blend of indigenous, Spanish, and European influences. The official language of Paraguay is Spanish, but many people also speak Guarani, an indigenous language.
WeatherThe weather in Paraguay is generally subtropical, with hot summers and mild winters. In the low-lying areas, the average temperature in the summer is around 30°C (86°F), with highs of up to 40°C (104°F). In the winter, the average temperature is around 20°C (68°F), with lows of around 10°C (50°F). In the higher elevations, the temperature is much cooler, with average temperatures of around 25°C (77°F) in the summer and around 15°C (59°F) in the winter. The rainy season in Paraguay is from October to April, with the heaviest rainfall occurring in December and January. The dry season is from May to September, with the least rainfall occurring in June and July. Paraguay is affected by thunderstorms and showers throughout the year.
Things to do
- Visit the capital city of Asunción and explore its historic landmarks, vibrant markets, and bustling nightlife
- Visit the Jesuit Missions of Paraguay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and see the well-preserved ruins of the Jesuit missions
- Visit the Itaipu Dam, the largest hydroelectric dam in the world, and learn about its history and engineering
- Visit the Paraguayan Chaco and go hiking or birdwatching in the beautiful forests and wetlands
- Visit the National Pantheon of Heroes and see the mausoleum of Paraguay's national heroes
- Visit the city of Encarnación and explore its historic colonial architecture, beautiful beaches, and vibrant nightlife
- Visit the city of Ciudad del Este and go shopping in its bustling markets and shops
- Visit the Acaray Dam and see the stunning views of the Paraguay River and the surrounding landscape
- Visit the city of Caacupé and see the famous Basilica of Our Lady of Caacupé, a national pilgrimage site
- Visit the Cerro Corá National Park and go hiking or birdwatching in the beautiful forests and grasslands.