Nepal is a country located in South Asia, between India and China. It is known for its stunning mountain scenery, including the highest peak in the world, Mount Everest. Nepal is a landlocked country, with a diverse range of landscapes, from the high Himalayan peaks to the Terai plain in the south. The capital of Nepal is Kathmandu, which is known for its ancient temples, vibrant markets, and rich culture. Nepal is a predominantly Hindu country, with a significant Buddhist population.
WeatherThe weather in Nepal varies depending on the region, but generally, the climate is subtropical, with hot summers and cold winters. In the low-lying areas, the average temperature in the summer is around 30°C (86°F), with highs of up to 40°C (104°F). In the winter, the average temperature is around 10°C (50°F), with lows of around 0°C (32°F). In the higher elevations, the temperature is much colder, with average temperatures of around 15°C (59°F) in the summer and around -5°C (23°F) in the winter. The rainy season in Nepal is from June to September, with the heaviest rainfall occurring in July and August. The dry season is from October to May, with the least rainfall occurring in December and January.
Things to do
- Visit the ancient city of Kathmandu and explore its historic temples, markets, and cultural sites
- Take a trek to the base camp of Mount Everest and marvel at the highest peak in the world
- Visit the beautiful Pokhara Valley and take a boat trip on Phewa Lake
- Visit the Chitwan National Park and go on a safari to see exotic wildlife, including rhinos and tigers
- Visit the birthplace of the Buddha, Lumbini, and explore its ancient temples and monasteries
- Take a trip to the Annapurna mountain range and enjoy stunning views of the Himalayas
- Visit the ancient city of Patan and explore its beautiful temples and palaces
- Visit the Boudhanath Stupa, one of the largest Buddhist shrines in the world
- Visit the Shivapuri National Park and go hiking or birdwatching in its lush forests
- Visit the ancient city of Bhaktapur and explore its historic squares, temples, and museums.