Estonia is a country located in Northern Europe, on the eastern coast of the Baltic Sea. It is bordered by Latvia to the south, Russia to the east, and Finland to the north. Estonia is a parliamentary republic, with Kersti Kaljulaid as its current president. The official language of Estonia is Estonian, and the capital city is Tallinn. Estonia has a population of around 1.3 million people, and is known for its rich history, culture, and natural beauty. The country has a developed economy, with a mix of industries, including manufacturing, technology, and tourism. Estonia is also a member of the European Union, the Schengen Area, and NATO.
WeatherThe weather in Estonia is generally cool and temperate, with four distinct seasons. The average temperature in Tallinn, the capital city, is around -2-2 degrees Celsius (28-36 degrees Fahrenheit) in the winter and 15-20 degrees Celsius (59-68 degrees Fahrenheit) in the summer. Estonia has a maritime climate, with cool, wet winters and mild, dry summers. The summer months (June to August) are generally the best time to visit Estonia, as the weather is warm and sunny, with long days and plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy. The winter months (December to February) can be cold and snowy, with shorter days and colder temperatures. Overall, the weather in Estonia can be unpredictable and can vary greatly depending on the time of year and the region of the country. It is important to check the forecast and dress accordingly when traveling in Estonia.
Things to do
- There are many things to do in Estonia, depending on your interests and preferences. Some popular activities and attractions in Estonia include:
- Visiting the capital city of Tallinn, which is known for its historic old town, museums, and vibrant shopping and dining scene
- Going on a boat tour to see the beautiful coastline and visit the many small islands and coves around the country
- Exploring the historic city of Tartu, which is known for its university, museums, and cultural events
- Relaxing on one of Estonia's beautiful beaches, such as Pärnu Beach or Jurmo Beach
- Visiting the Lahemaa National Park, which is home to a wide range of plants and animals, as well as historic and cultural sites
- Going on a hiking or biking trip in the Karula National Park, which offers stunning views of the country's beautiful forests and lakes
- Visiting the Estonian Open Air Museum, which showcases the traditional rural life and architecture of Estonia
- Trying traditional Estonian cuisine, such as black pudding (a type of sausage) or kama (a mixture of grains and dairy products)
- Overall, Estonia offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Whether you're interested in history, outdoor adventures, or simply soaking up the beautiful natural scenery, you'll find plenty to do in this beautiful and fascinating country.