Cheap flights to Queen Alia International
- Queen Alia International Airport (QAIA) is the main international airport in Jordan. Located in Zizya, about 30 kilometers south of Amman, the capital city of Jordan, QAIA serves as the gateway to the country for both domestic and international travelers. It is named after Queen Alia, the third wife of King Hussein of Jordan.
- QAIA was first opened in 1983 and has since undergone several expansions and renovations to accommodate the increasing number of passengers. It is a modern airport with state-of-the-art facilities and services. The airport has two passenger terminals: Terminal 1 is for international flights, while Terminal 2 is mainly used for low-cost carriers and some regional airlines.
- The airport has a wide range of amenities for travelers, including duty-free shops, restaurants, cafes, currency exchange services, car rental companies, and a hotel located within close proximity. It also offers free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal buildings.
- QAIA is served by numerous airlines, connecting Jordan with destinations all around the world. Popular airlines operating at QAIA include Royal Jordanian, Emirates, Turkish Airlines, British Airways, and Air France, among others.
- The airport has good transportation links to Amman and other major cities in Jordan. Visitors can take taxis, airport shuttles, or private car services to reach their destinations. In addition, there are car rental services available at the airport for those who prefer to drive themselves.
- Overall, Queen Alia International Airport is a modern and efficient airport that provides a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers arriving in or departing from Jordan.